- Hotel Penina
- Rooms & Suites
- Drinks & Dining
- Kids Club
- Golf Courses
- Book Your Golf
- Video Tour
- Media Gallery
- Latest Offers
- Best Rate
- Meetings & Events
- Google Sitemap
- Penina 404
- Golf Breaks in the Algarve
- The Experts' Opinions on the Famous Sir Henry Cotton Championship Course
- Gripping Golf Facts Around the World
JJW Hotels and Resorts to Take Over Management of Le Meridien Penina
September 16th, 2013
JJW Hotels and Resorts has today announced that it will take over the management of Le Meridien Penina with effect from October 1, 2013.
The hotel has been managed by the Starwood Group and operated as Le Meridien Penina since 2005. Starwood Group and JJW Hotels and Resorts have now mutually agreed to transfer the management of the hotel to JJW Hotels and Resorts. With effect from October 1, 2013, the hotel will be rebranded as the Penina Golf Resort.
Sheikh Mohamed Bin Issa Al Jaber, Founder and Chairman of JJW, said: "The Penina Golf Resort is a very special hotel with a unique place in the history of the Portuguese Algarve. JJW Hotels and Resorts will work hard to preserve and celebrate that heritage and ensure our loyal guests return to the Penina Golf Resort year after year."
The move comes 25 years after JJW Hotels and Resorts' owner, Sheikh Mohamed Bin Issa Al Jaber, first began investing in the Portugese Algarve region.
Sheikh Al Jaber continued: "From my first business dealings in the Algarve in the late 1980s, I have been impressed by the beauty and the culture of the country, the warmth and hospitality of the people. The Algarve represents a key part of my strategy for the growth and development of the JJW Hotels and Resorts brand and I remain very committed to my existing and future investments in the region."
Details of the plan to grow the JJW Hotels and Resorts brand in Portugal will be unveiled in the near future.
In the beginning of this year JJW Hotels and Resorts made an equity investment of 100M Euros in the local economy, which secures the continued employment of 600 local people.
The original five star hotel in Portugal's Algarve, the Penina Golf Resort boasts the region's largest private swimming pool, a nearby airstrip suitable for small aircraft and a private beach area, in addition to two 18-hole golf courses with the superb golfing facilities, which have resulted in the resort being chosen to host the Portuguese Open on numerous occasions.
JJW Hotels and Resorts also own and operate the Dona Filipa Hotel and San Lorenzo Golf Course, Pinheiros Altos Golf Course, and Formosa Park Hotel, in Ancão Beach.
In addition to the properties in Portugal, JJW Hotels and Resorts owns and operates a number of luxury hotels and golf resorts across Europe, including the Grand Hotel Wien in Vienna, the Scotsman Hotel in the UK and Hotels Balzac, La Tremoille and Hotel de Vigny in Paris.
- XXVI Sir Henry Cotton Golf Trophy - 30th May
Golf Tournament: XXVI Sir Henry Cotton Trophy - Open Medal Competition
- 7 Night Family Package: Pay For 5 Nights Stay For 7
7 Night Family Package in the Algarve: Stay 7 Nights Pay For 5
- Penina Golf Week 2015
A Week of Friendly Competition on our Iconic Championship Course
- Best Rate Guaranteed: From €76
Best Rate Guaranteed: Bed & Breakfast - From €76
- Golf, Bed & Breakfast From €98
Golf, Bed & Breakfast - From €98 per Night
- Sir Henry Cotton Trophy 30th May 2015
- April Wine Pairing Dinner
- Events at Penina this April
- March Wine Pairing Dinner
- The John Stilwell Easter Trophy
- February Wine Pairing Dinner
- Penina Golf Week Returns for 2015
- January Fine Dining and Wine Pairing Evening
- Christmas 2014 at Penina
- Golf Holidays in the Algarve
- Five-Star Fun for the Entire Family
- Charity Event at Penina Hotel & Golf Resort
- Best Available Online Rates with Penina Hotel and Golf Resort
- Penina’s Charity & Golf Event
- Fine Wine and Local Food Pairing Dinner at Le Grill on 4th of July 2014
- Penina Hotel & Golf Resort Receives 2014 Ceritificate of Excellence
- Food and Wine Pairing Dinner: May 29th at 20:15
- David Hasselhoff Enjoys a Relaxing Stay at Penina
- Dunas Beach Restaurant opens for the summer
- Exclusive Golf Tournament - Sir Henry Cotton Trophy: Saturday 31st May
- Fine Dining with Paired Wines: 21st February 2014 at 8.15pm
- Penina Hotel & Golf Resort: Top Clean Award 2013
- Winter Golf in the Algarve
- Algarve St Andrew's Ball at Penina Hotel & Golf Resort
- Wine Tasting in the Algarve with Penina Hotel and Golf Resort
- Christmas and New Year Celebrations With Penina Resort
- Golf Competitions and Events This Festive Season at Penina
- Penina Hotel & Golf Resort - 47th Anniversary
- The Portugal Masters October 2013 in the Algarve
- Football in the Algarve and Penina Hotel and Golf Resort
- JJW Hotels and Resorts to Take Over Management of Le Meridien Penina